Shut Down Drama & Plenty More
Melissa's top headlines for the day. Again, a great resource! Read more from Melissa here.
Hello fellow travelers,
Tired and grumpy yet? If you feel like you're in the car with a bunch of toddlers on a cross-country trip and you've run out of juice boxes...well, get ready, because the diapers aren't even poopy yet. That, friends, comes when the government shuts down (if it does) and the liberals go into full throttle freak out. The shrieking ofLouise Slaughter is only the beginning of woe. There will be more.
- First, perspective. I haven't written on this but plan to. The CBO blog today: "The federal government incurred a budget deficit of $830 billion in the first six months of fiscal year 2011, CBO estimates in its latest Monthly Budget Review—$113 billion more than the shortfall recorded in the same period last year." The Democrats are screaming about a piddly cuts.
- More perspective: What a shutdown means. Andmore.
- More perspective: President Obama hasdecided that the military is non-essential. His schedule. Also, even Dems grow weary of him. Sarah Palin takes him to task.
- Karl Rove is afraid of the shutdown.
- Thad McCotter kicks arse on the House floor today, putting this all in perspective.
- DC is being California-ized.
- Donald trump "a giant among pygmies". Also,his pro-life conversion.
- Media finally admitting the obvious about Egypt?
This -N- That
- Megyn Kelly: Things not to say to a pregnant chick.
- "I Was Itching Like a Crackhead": Study Finds College Students Addicted to Media
- Hack Attack In Russia -- even the prime minister affected
- Super cool art -- go look. Amazing.
- Finally, for the essential and non-essential in your life: The T-Shirt.
Have a great weekend! I bet you'll survive whether the government is opened or not. Funny how that works.